South Block is a 50,000 sq.ft, four storey studio complex in the heart of Glasgow’s Merchant City. Developed by Wasps Studios and designed by award-winning architects, NORD, there are 96 studios in total for visual and applied artists, cultural social enterprises and creative businesses. Please click on the drop down menu below for more info.
What kind of studios are there?
- 96 workspaces in total ranging from 200 sq.ft to 2000 sq.ft in size
- 25 offices for creative companies
- 7 offices for social enterprises working in the cultural sector
- 64 studios for visual artists and makers
- Shared office space for freelancers
Download schedule & plans
Please click here to download the South Block schedule with studio layout and plans.
Facilities & Space to share
- Comfy lounge area
- Ground floor retail / exhibition space
- Furnished meeting rooms
- Outdoor roof terrace
- Toilets, showers & kitchens
- Integrated seating areas
Access and Security
- Staffed reception during office hours
- 24 hour access with out-of-hours entrance/exit
- Controlled access for tenants & visitors
Phone & IT
- Infrastructure connectivity for telephone and broadband